Monday, April 14, 2014

4-14-14 - Hello =D I cant think of a witty title at the moment. so hello will have to work.

Hello Humans of Utah! and other places.

Ha! this week has been the most crammed week of my entire mission. Sister Kreis and I worked SOOOO hard!!  we had a bunch of miracles.  It is amazing how the Lord just  keeps blessing us! The theme for this week was obedience. And the importance of obedience in the Chruch of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Man!  it is important!!  We literally read Mosiah 2:41 about 700 times this week.  SO many people struggle with the commandments.  Even members of the church. It is crazy.  I loved reading the scripture- everytime i got something new out of it.
      "41 And moreover, I would desire that ye should consider on the blessed and ahappy state of those that keep the commandments of God. For behold, they are bblessed in all things, both temporal and spiritual; and if they hold out cfaithful to the end they are received intodheaven, that thereby they may dwell with God in a state of never-ending happiness. O remember, remember that these things are true; for the Lord God hath spoken it".


We were having a lesson with a family that I absolutley adore- they have become such wonderful friends in the time I have had here.  And recently they have had random outside activites pull them away from church. so-  We read this scripture with them and broke it down- and I had a new insight!  So I will share it with you.  As we are obedient to our covenants- baptismal...ect- we are blessed with the spirit.  The Holy Ghost is a member of the Godhead- that literally can help us out in every level of our lives.  As we have the spirit with us we can develope chirstlike attributes and spritual gifts.  Every good gift comes from God- and since we are made in the image of God- when we cultivate spiritual gifts - we are literally becoming MORE like God. The more we develop spiritual gifts- its kinda like Heavenly Father smoothing out our rough edges.  We get purified.  By the end of our lives- if we keep up this pattern- keep covenants, have the holy ghost, are constantly trying to be more like Jesus Christ- we can one day dwell with God in his Celestial kingdom. It just makes sense!  
No wonder Heavenly Father kids get baptized at the age of 8!  It is a life long process of purification.  Pretty cool.  Hope that made sense- it makes sense in my little brain. Moral of the story is- use the atonement to cultivate spiritual gifts!! haha. I love the scriptures.  

The family really enjoyed the lesson.  Man we were bold.  We when don't keep the commandments God gives us we are literally sinning.  I know that that is not a profound statement- but so many people don't realize it!  Going to church made the 10 commandments!- its number 4 for a reason.  haha it just prevents so many problems!!

I had 2  wonderful exchanges this week.  We see so many miracles in exchanges!  I learn so much from the sisters. I just love them so much and want them to have success.  . The sister I went with is hilarious.  We did WORK in her area and were blessed to find 5 new investigators after an entire transfer of only finding 2 people.  I have never prayed so hard to find so much in my entire life.  I wanted so badly to help this sister to discover the success in her area!  and that she can do it! It was an awesome exchange.  after teaching 2 lessons to 2 not super prepared people, I had the impression to go back and contact this referral we had forgot about.  So we drove back to that area and went to contact the referral- they were really awkward and not interested. So as we were walking back to the car we saw 2 dudes working on a hilarious Mexi-truck.  It was a big red, low rider. so we went to talk to them and they pointed us to the people closer to the house.  And we talked to the sweetest person ever!  She accepted a baptismal date and prayed, it was wonderful and the spirit was there super strong.  That was a huge miracle!  And the other 15 members of her family live there in that same house! So that was awesome.  Small family of 15. That will take up an entire row at the church!! yipee!

Eric- remember him? he got baptized in november- he is finally coming back to church! He came to be a member present with haley this past weekend.  Haley is so sweet! She is progressing well.

And the last miracle that I have time to share is our Sunday miracle.  We almost reached ALL our goals this week- but we were lacking some new investigators.  So we prayed and went out to get to work.  We had a bunch of referrals to contact.  We have been getting 25 every week!  So our referral pool is pretty deep. -and we went to an area- but forgot about one-(kinda like the exchange expirence, I think the Lord is trying to teach me a lesson.)  Sister Kreis had the feeling to go back- so I turned the car around and we headed back.  it was a young couple, they invited us right in and accepted a baptismal date!  IT was such a testimony builder to me!  When we listen for the spirit he will give us the directions that we need.  We had prayed to find prepared people to teach- and the lord told us through a prompting he gave to my wonderful companion.It was so wondrful!! 

I love my area, I love the wards I serve in, I love the people, I love my companion and I love the Lord.  Man! being a missionary is great.  Shelby and Stanton- prepare now- you are going to absolutely LOVE your missions.  It is such a blessing to serve the Lord.

I know that this is HIS church.  As we live worthy of the spirit he will guide and purify us. 
love yall!
-Hermana Wiser
OH!! Happy Easter this week.  It is a super special sunday! yay!!

No comments:

Post a Comment