Monday, August 26, 2013

August 26th, 2013

Hello everyone - sorry I was out of town last week so I added both emails from 8/19 and 8/26 - she has a very funny story from last week that you will want to read.  She is doing so awesome - thank you for all of your support.  -Laura


Hello Family!
THIS WEEK HAS BEEN CRAZY. LIterally- I know I say that every single week- haha but it is true.  SO I am being transfered. and that is not all.  I am now an STL.  Which means I am a sister training leader.  I don't really know what I have to do or my responsibilities yet- but is is pretty crazy.  Tomorrow I am going to the Valley! Back to speaking spanish and la comida mexicana. I am headed to the area of LA VISTA. with Sister Ninetype as my new companion.  She is also an STL.  The crazy thing is that she is from Ogden- I know her from high school! Small world. I am excited- but very humbled.  I still feel like such a greenie.  But I have faith that God will help me.  Because God Never gives a task or command that we cannot fulfil. 1 nephi 3:7 -I know the Lord giveth no commandment unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he has commanded-. So, I am going to pull my big girl paties up and work harder. =D Yay the mission. Adventures all the time.  I was totally not expecting this either- This is CRAZY. literally.  Presidente Maluenda called last night and told me of my new assignment.  I thought I was going to stay and finish training Sister Petersen. But- The Lord knows best.  I love Sister Petersen SOOOO much.  Honestly she has been the most wonderful companion.  We had so much fun and the work on the Island really is starting to take off.  She is going to do great!  Ima proud MAMA. haha =D Anyways- That happened. AHH. haha =D
Haha Also i LOVE church.  The ward i am serving in is the best.  Hahahahah I am just dying right now- thinking about what happened in Gospel principles yesterday.  SO- I love gospel principals because it is just a great starting point for the new members/recent converts/investigators of the church.  We have a member named Danny-  He hasn't always been active- and was a truck driver for years.  And he is just brutally honest.  But yesterday during Gospel Principals he was sharing his testimony about tithing (the lesson was on tithing- and we were at the part that we should be happy tith payers- or we don't receive the full blessings). And Danny Starts saying "I know that we recieve special blessings from paying tithing, I have seen it.  But i am still a S~~T-head and didn't want to get out of bed for church this morning!"  haha He said the 'S' word right in the middle of church.  Ha i just sat back in my seat and smiled.  It was soooo funny. I just think that it was great that he was sharing his testimony. When i first got here he didn't say much. =D
And Jr came to church again! We had 2 really awesome lessons with him this week.  he has been reading in the book of mormon every day.  On tuesday we had a lesson with him and taught the resoration.  We went through the entire lesson and at the end invited him to pray to know that Joseph Smith was a prophet and if the book of mormon was true.  he said 'Why? I already know that jospeh smith was a prophet.' Haha i didn't know what to do with myself.  it was crazy. So the member that was with us pulled out a bazooka... Jokes.. chistes... No he pulled out Moroni 10:3-5 and read it to him.  He really focoused on the part that says ask to see if the book is 'NOT' true.  And then shared a personal experience of how he had done the challenge exactly as the scripture said and it strengthened his testimony.  So, of course, we invited JR to say the closing prayer and he says it, and right before he closed he paused for a minute.  Then he just started chuckling- then quick closed the prayer. I was like... okay what is going on- But our member said- 'You asked, didn't you?'  And Jr said that he had, and that he received an answer that the book was true already- why was he still asking about it.  So- i just thought that was a really cool experience. God is Great! 
So- i am bummed that i wont be here for the baptism on the 8th, BUT I know that God knows the plan for me and that I am being sent exactly where I need to go.  I love the Lord and I love this work.  It has been so great being a missionary.  I am SO grateful for the opportunity to serve.  Thank you Mom and Dad and family/friends for supporting me. I have learned SO much.  I know that the Savior lives.  He lived and died for us and lives again.  Through Christ we are truly cleansed.  I have seen the Atonement CHANGE people completely.  It is beautiful and wonderful.  We have a Loving Father in Heaven who cares and wants to help us.  All we have to do is ask.  With just a particle of faith- we see miracles.  I can truly testify of that.  Prayer changes things.  So pray always! =D 
Well the time is short! I have to run!  Good luck in School Kiddos!  and Shout out to my beautiful Mother-  it is her birthday this week!   Happy Birthday Momma! Love you so much!
- have a great week!
you are all in my prayers!
Con Amor
Hermana Wiser


No comments:

Post a Comment