Monday, July 22, 2013

July 22, 2013 =D


Hola and Howdy!!
 
Wassup from the beautiful island of North Padre!  This week has been super great.  I have a new companion! and guess what?  You all met her at lake powell right before she went into the MTC!.  Haha yes, Sister Petersen is my greenie! Great right?  She is amazing and I love her so much. -For those of you who don't know the story- I guess the house boats were parked right next to eachother in the slips down and lake powell. And as my family was packing up they talked to sister petersen's family. So- you have met my companion! SMALL WORLD.  She is amazing. Great things are happening on the island! We are staying busy.  We have really been focusing on working with our members.  And we are definatley starting to see miracles! It is so great! Tonight we have a family home evening set up with the Kings (our ward mission leader and his wife) with a non member family that we have been trying to set up an appointment with for some time. So we are super excited about that.  Pray that they can feel and recognize the spirit tonight! We literally have the best members ever.  I love all the families that go to our ward.
This week we have really been praying for the lord to put us in the path of prepared people. And this past week were walking down the street- we have been walking ALOT to save our miles- and we passed this guy that was on the street and started talking to him about the gospel.  We talked to him for a good 30 minutes out there. And were able to share our testimonies and talk about the plan of salvation.  Best part was- We invited him to be baptized! He didn't accept a date, but we are going to start teaching him.  It was amazing. Literally we were put right in his path. Then- like 3 hours later- we were leaving a lesson that we were having with a less active memeber and we passed this guy that was doing his laundry.  He had his back turned to us but we decided that we needed to go back and talk to him.  He is super prepared!! prepared!  prepared! We talked to him about the doctrine of Christ (faith, repentance, baptism, Holy ghost, endure) and used some scriptures in 2 nephi 31.  After I shared the scriptures i set Sister Petersen right up to give the baptisimal invitation. after I finished the scripture I just turned and looked at her.  And she invited him to be baptized!  She did such a good job.  Hah I was like a proud little mommy... haha I am not sure.  Anyways, I was just really proud of her.  The first baptismal invite is always the scariest one. That is why its best to do it in the first week!  Hop in the work and start running.  It was great. So we will be meeting and teaching T.J. and Mike.
It really is truly amazing- when we pray and ask for miracles, then keep our eyes open, watch for opportunities, and work super hard- we are blessed with miracles.  It is wonderful!
I found a quote this past week in my study Journal that i wanted to share with you. It is super great.  it is from elder Holland. "I have often thought that Nephi's being bound with cords and beaten by rods must have been more tolerable to him than listening to Laman and Lemuel's constant murmuring.  Surely he MUST have said, at least once, "Hit me one more time! I can still hear you!!" ... No misfortune is so bad that whining about it wont make it worse."  What a great quote from Elder Holland right?  I really liked it.  Elder Holland just has a way of wording things. =D But I think this is so true! Whining and feelin sorry for yourself always makes it worse.  Really- it does no good.  Lately in church (in our ward) and district meetings and zone meetings the focus has really been being happy- not complaining- being positive.  Really- our attitude determines our Altitude. I love that! We can make the most of any situation. 
Well I have to run! But know that I love you all. And you are in my prayers. I know the Gospel if Jesus Christ is the restored gospel on the earth. By reading the book of mormon and praying about it we can truly receive answers to our questions and become closer to God.  How blessed we are to have the gospel!
 
I love you!
Until Next week! Onward and Upwards!
 
- La Hermana Wiser
 
PS- Happy Birthday Shout out to my Brother- Elder Wiser this week- 19!! Waaahooo! Happy Birthday Mate! Love you so much! tear it up out there!
PSS- Happy Birthday to Grandma Bassett as well! Love you! Have a wonderful week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment