Monday, August 18, 2014

August 18, 2014

Sorry everyone - I was out of town last week and couldn't post Shayna's letter - so this week you get to read TWO letters.  the countdown is on - Shayna will be home September 3rd at 5:05 pm - she will report her mission on September 14th at 1:00 pm.  Thank you for all of your support and love - Shayna loves being a missionary!!!!  -Laura


3 day leadership, HOT, HUMID- I <3 Texas

Hello!!!

This week was insane!!!  So great. I loved every minute of it.  We had our 3 day leadership meeting down in Mcallen this week.  SO we left last p-day at 3:00 and started driving to the valley. I think I know the drive by heart now.  We made it to the church at 6:00- and we split up.  I spent the week working with Sister Beckstrand and Sister Hunt.  Two wonderful sisters!! Love them so much! then we had 3 days JAM-PACKED full of spiritual learning and miracles!  It was by far the best meeting that I have been to on my mission.  All of the trainings were super wonderful.  I wish I had time to read you all my 40+ pages of notes that I took.  I literally wrote my own book of revelation during the meeting.  remind me to share it with you sometime. I also had the opportunity to do a few musical numbers.  At the end of the 1st day one of the AP's asked Sister Garry and I to meet at presidents house to practice a special musical number. I love President and Sister Maluenda!!! they are so wonderful.  So after going out and working- we met at Presidents house at 9:00 to practice.  We did... a great song... and I can't remember its name in English! Anyways- Sister Garry and I, the assistants, and Pres and Sister Maluenda all sang.  It was really neat.  AND- the APs were usually late from dropping off people. So sister Garry and I got some time with President.  Such a blessing.
During our last MLC President was talking about the "consider the lilies" scriptures- you know- the ones that talk about not worrying about what we will eat, or wear..ect- because the Lord takes care of all those things. -So President was talking about that and in the middle of MLC he turns to me and says, "Sister WIser, do you know that song?"  So I said yes (thank you Mr. Wood =D) and he said, "will you sing it for us real quick?".  So I preceded to sing this song.  After the meeting President told me to prepare it- and sure enough he asked me to sing it at 3 day.  Sister Welch played for me.  and we sang it on day 2. Then- President brought up the scriptures again, how the Lord knows all that we need.  If you read 3 nephi 13:25-34.  Starting in verse 25 it says that he "looked upon the twelve whom he had chosen".  So he was talking to his missionaries, his servants.  Then went on to have faith and seek first the kingdom of God. He tied it all into to Christ's life.  It was so powerful. My little email doesn't do it justice (sorry).  As President talked I felt the spirit super strong.  And next thing I knew he turned to me and asked me to sing "consider the Lilies" one more time.  So I went up to the pulpit and started to sing the song.  it went really well until I got the the 3rd verse. these are the words. 

"Consider the sweet tender children
how they suffer on this earth
the pains of all of them he carried
from the day of his birth.

He clothes the lilies of the field,
He feeds the lambs of his fold,
 and he will heal those who trust him
and make their hearts as Gold."

The moment after I said "consider the sweet tender children" I instantly had tears in my eyes. and my voice was gone. The spirit was SOOOO strong in the room- there wasn't a dry eye.  Sister welch kept playing and I spoke/sang the rest of the song.  While I was standing up there the Spirit testified to me of the savior. And I was overwhelmed with the deepest feeling of gratitude.  We all suffer on this earth- but HE carried ALL the pains.  of all Gods tender children.  and because He did that- he can heal all of our hearts and make our hearts as gold.  I feel so privileged to be a missionary for our savior Jesus Christ. After serving him for (almost) 18 months I can say that I know he lives.  He loves us.  He gave his all so that we could make it back.  We are so blessed.  I know that the singing of that song wasn't the prettiest I have ever sang- but it was all with my heart.  I feel blessed that I could be an instrument in His hands and to testify of Him. It was one of the most spiritual experiences of my entire mission.  and it was so great to be in the chapel with 80 missionaries!  man I love being a missionary! After that Sister Larrabee and Sister Andersen (two missionaries I came out with) gave their last testimonies.  They were beautiful.  It was just great.  It truly strengthened my faith.
After the meeting we had a few things to do then headed back to corpus. we are just working hard!  hope you all have a wonderful week.  Take time to study the life of the savior.  Really get to know him- so that he can help you in your lives.  I know he lives.  His atonement is for all of us- and we have access to it as members of his true church.  It is such a blessing. 
love you all!!
-Hermana Wiser

sorry for all the selfies. iwill take more quality pics next week.
Sister Acosta and I got drenched in a rain storm!!

Down to Mcallen to go to 3 day!  I saw my Hija!!

Sister Young and me.

my trio! during the training. Sister beckstrand and sister Hunt

Sister Ashman and WIser!  crazy ladies!!


exchange with Beeville!  love these sisters!!

No comments:

Post a Comment