Monday, January 13, 2014

January 13, 2014

Hello family!!
 
What a wonderful day!!  I know I say this every single week- but this week was literally crazy.  It has been a really great week. =D a week full of learning.  So lets start of on Monday.  Haha Sister Kreis and I have been having a great time.  This week has been one of those weeks where you plan stuff- and it NEVER works out.  Haha it has literally just been hilarious. 

So- Monday we had this really great lesson planned with Rodi (who is Eric's brother, our next door neighbor) And we had a member present all lined up and a great Church Tour planned.  So 8:00 roles around.  And it was dark, and freezing, and raining outside.  And we go knock on  Rodi's door and it turns out that Eric had taken the car earlier- so he didn't have a ride to the church.  So we call the member (who is already at the church) to come pick him up.  And by the time we get to the church, someone had come and locked down the building.  we were like 'NOOOOOOO!!!" But we just stayed happy and kept moving forward.  So we walk up to the Church Door. (its is raining- and we are drenched) and it is so dark that you can't see inside.  So our Member (who is a boss) pulls out his phone that has a flash light on it.  And shines it through window.   Haha so we literally gave a Church Tour through the window with a flashlight, in the pouring rain.  But the great thing about it was that the spirit was there.  We were able to testify of the importance of coming to church and the love of the Savior.  haha it was great.  I am grateful for great members, and a great companion.  Satan can't stop us!!

THEN- there was tuesday.  Monday night at 10:00 we get a call from the zone leaders- and they let us know that we had interview with president.  Every other transfers we have interveiws with him.  So we prepared ourselves the best we could.  I have such an awesome mission president!! He is great.  It was a great interview.  While we were waiting for all the other missionaries to get interviewed we had a huge zone/companionship study.  Feeling the spirit is exhausting sometimes!! haha. It is wonderful.  So we were at the church from 7:30 in the morning to 5:00 at night.  And I was actually feeling kinda sick.  I had a really big headache and a stomach ache (don't worry mom, haha just the usual girl stuff).  So we ran to the apartment to change into proselyting clothes and to grab a few things that we needed for our lessons.  So I was hurrying and changing- Sister Kreis asked if she could do anything for me.  So I asked her to get me 4 ibprofen. I usually don't take that much- but i just wanted a clear head so I could actually think.  So she brings it to me, and we leave.  We had an appointment with Oscar and Mina- we have been watching some Living Scriptures- then we read the stories in the Book of Mormon.  It has been really fun- and their 4 year old LOVES the Jesus Movies too.  So we opened up the scriptures and started to read about the prophet Abinadi.  And were teaching and everything was great- it was a super powerful lesson.  Then all of a sudden my world started spinning.  And the floor was moving and I was going to pass out. So I laid back on the couch and I completely fell ASLEEP.  completely out.  On oscar and Mina's couch.  for an HOUR.  I don't remeber any of this- but Sister Kreis drove me home, made me some dinner, then put me to bed.  And I slept from 6:00 at night until 6:30 the next morning.  I was super dead.  So the next morning we were talking about what happened- and I realized that I have two different kinds of ibeprofen on my desk.  AM- and PM.  And Sister Kreis accedetially grabbed 4 ibrpofen PMs. .   And man oh man. If ya ever need a good sleep- Ibprofen PM works real well.  haha So my companion Drugged me. =D She felt SOOOO bad. Haha I just think it is hilarious.  I just picture myself- conked out on the couch of our recent converts for an hour- while sister Kreis told church history stories to them.  it was funny.  Adventures of the mission!!

Then we just worked hard the rest of the week!! THEN ON SUNDAY!!
 So first of all- we had some amazing miracles this week!! Remeber Oscar!! (how could you forget)  So last week- they finally came to church. And that was the best thing in the entire world.  Then yesterday they came to church again.  AND!!!! (drum role) Oscar was ordained to the Aronic Priesthood!!!! WAHOOOOOOO!!!!!!  I was so happy I think that i died a little.  Literally.  It was the best feeling in the entire world.  I am just so happy!  That is one more family that will have the blessing of the priesthood. I love the Plan that God has for us.  Every little thing along the way is to help us progress.
THEN!!! Remember Luis?? Pati's(the lady who had brest cancer) husband?  He was blessed with a new job!!! So he doesn't have to work on sundays anymore!! SO HE FINALLY GOT CONFIRMED!!!!!  Yay!! So many miracles.  I feel so blessed to be apart of the Lords work.  I learn so much every day it is ridiculous haha =D.  I love the Lord.  I love this work! I LOVE BEING A MISSIONRY!!

I just want to leave with one scripture.  D&C 6:36 "Look unto me in every thought; Doubt not, fear not."  In whatever situation we may be in- if we keep our sites set on the Lord we have no reason to doubt or fear.  With trust is the Lord Jesus we can do ALL things!
Love you all!
Have a wonderful week!
-Sister Wiser

No comments:

Post a Comment